The eternal question when writing from a coder’s perspective, UK English, or US English, spelling. Context seems important to me. Mostly I will spell using US English standards since that’s the environment I’m coding in (Color, Center, Synthesize). When writing documentation, except when specifically referencing code, I’ll default to UK English (Colour, Centre, Synthesise). In an IDE it’s hard to type the UK English variant, in a document editor, it’s hard to type the US English spelling. Maybe it’s purely contextual and if I was updating a document that was in US English I’d automatically switch. I certainly find that with the minor differences between Windows and OS X keyboard layouts when I switch between them.
Anyway… More buttons. These ones are in the game itself and allow the selection of different colours to fill in the puzzle. It automatically scales to allow different numbers of colours. Eight seems to be the upper practical limit for fitting them into the UI.
More PaintCode shenanigans. I’ve also got Telekinesis working. I’m not really doing anything fancy enough to warrant it but it’s fun to play with a little. These buttons are two separate elements. One rounded rectangle that I can scale whilst maintaining the aspect ratio, and the circular ‘button’ part which has an inner shadow (as a highlight) and an outer shadow to give it a little depth. The highlight and the shadow are set according to the colour of the button. Not being familiar with PaintCode, I tried doing it as a single element. Since I needed different scaling that proved tricky. I got close with the Frames and Constraints but it wasn’t quite right. In the end, it was faster (and more logical) to split it out into separate pieces.
And yes, I am procrastinating on the next part. I need to add the game part of this game. I mostly have the shape of it in my head and I’ve messed with a couple of implementations but I’m waiting for it to feel right before I commit to something.